0 muddy hands: oh, the places you'll go!

Tuesday, March 14

oh, the places you'll go!

work of art by Crash
are you on the road to nowhere?
are you off the beaten path?
have you made a wrong turn?
have you come to a dead end?
have you come to a fork in the road?
are you sitting at the crossroad?
do you even know where you are?
Just stop and ask for direction. Locate your guide.
Take the scenic route by traveling on the Highway to Holiness. Jesus is the
Highway to Holiness. In John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. He is all the road map we need. He gives signs to point the way. There are markers along the way to remind us where we have been. With Him as our guide there are no wrong turns. When we are weary, He says rest in me. When we fall asleep at the wheel, He awakens us with His gentle voice. When our eyes are not on the road, He reminds us to be focused. When we are out of gas, His word refuels us. When we are tired of driving and the destination seems too distant, He says may I take over now!
Join me, my friend, on the road that is often less travelled. However, I warn you -it is not always a smooth, easy ride. But it is the wildest, most exciting trip you will ever take. The world is yours for the seeing. It is quite an adventure. Oh, the places you'll go!
************************************************
Father, Your people must become holy. You say to be holy, for you are holy. I understand it is not about perfection, but about excellence. Striving for your best. What keeps us from your presence? Reveal areas in our lives that require immediate turns. Guide us away from things that lead us down the road of destruction. Gently guide us back when we wander off the path of righteousness. I am blown away to know that when you see me - you see me as "holy and blameless". How could you love me so much? Thank you for the spiritual markers I can see in my life. Sway me with your love to want to go wherever you lead. Even when the ride is a little less comfortable and the terrain is unfamiliar. May we all find ourselves wanting to be on adventure with you. Whatever preparations it takes for us to be ready - please insist those to us. Strip away things not needed. Reveal the sin that needs to be left behind in order to move ahead with you. I love you, Lord and I lift my voice to worship you. Blessed be your name.
************************************************
A highway shall be there, and a road, And it shall be callled the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, But it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, Shall not go astray. Isaiah 35:8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home