0 muddy hands: jailbird

Monday, December 12

jailbird

do not pass go. do not collect $100.
wait a minute! did you say - get out of jail free?
one of my favorite games as a kid was monopoly. not because i could acquire lots of property, but the simple fact that if I landed in jail, I had a good chance to get out of jail free. I'm fortunate to have never spent a single night in jail, but I have lived many days and nights in my own prison. At times my thoughts and actions have been held captive and bound by chains like a prisoner. Therefore, causing my life to be put on hold because of a "bad move" that led to regret, shame, sorrow, discouragement, bitterness and lack of joy. Living a life of daily torture. How silly of me to play those "head games". Even though I have plead guilty to many accusations --- I still am granted the "chance" for freedon. My saviour came to set me free. He came to release the hostages. He came to loose the tight ropes that keep us bound. He came to break the ball and chain that holds us back. He came to present a "get out of jail free" card to anyone willing to accept. Instead of allowing our minds and bodies to be held captive to the lies and destruction of the adversary--- Christ Jesus tells us to "cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ". His word says that even though I'm guilty of sin, he came to pardon me. He was given the ultimate penalty -- death. Death row was reality for him. For he "who knew no sin" became sin for us, so that we were made righteous for God. Whoa! That is so incredible. So then, the next time Satan tries to "monopolize" or obtain posession of our minds -- remember to redeem your "chance card".
My Jesus is a God of second chances.
Praise God that I am no longer a jailbird.
************************************************
Thank you Jesus for setting me free! Continue to pierce my heart and mind with your truth. When my flesh and mind are not in line with your word, cause me to be sick from my sin. I so desire to no longer be captive to sins of the mind, will and emotions. I want to dwell on things that are true, noble, and praiseworthy. Lord, thank you for teaching me to cast down those things that are not obedient to you. Praise you for real forgiveness. Thank you for helping me to forgive. Honestly, it is really hard at times to relinquish my right to be angry with someone. It is hard to humble myself, but what freedom I experience when I let go and let you control my life. I know that you are still perfecting me and I am grateful that you never give up or leave me. May my heart, soul, and strength be captured by your love. May I become a slave to righteousness. Bind me to you. Thank you for freedom. Unchained. Loosed.
*************************************************************

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Isaiah 61:1

1 Comments:

Blogger terrible speller said...

Sing his praises! Love you girl

13.12.05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home