0 muddy hands: His true girl

Saturday, February 25

His true girl


The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty;
he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy;
he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zep 3:17

God smiles. He rejoices over me. He is so in love with me. Even when I show no affection toward Him. He never gives up on me. His love is continual and unconditional. He is pleased when I glorify His name. When I seek to please Him - I am pleased as well. When my delight is in him - I become a delight not only toHim, but to others. Regardless of who I am, or think I am, He knows the truth. The whole truth. Nothing but the truth. He knows the depth of my being because He knew me before the foundation of the earth. I'm His "true girl!"
As my oldest son and I giggled together about his charm with the little ladies, he proceeded to tell me that he had a "true girl". You know, "the one who is in your heart", he says to me. Innocently, he blushed and I smiled inside and out. I'm glad to be God's true girl. He is all about me. He digs me. He thinks I'm the bomb! He paints sunsets for me. He sends songbirds to deliver beautiful sonnets to awaken me some mornings. He sends me flowers. How could I not be in love with Him? He gave His life for me. How promising to know true love. Reassuring. Comforting. Hopeful. All I ever wanted.
***********************************
Jesus, Lover of my soul, thank you for being so in love with me. Thank you for never leaving me. I praise you for shouting on mountaintops with me and holding me tight in the dark valleys. You are so beautiful. Your creation thrills me. The design and detail of each person, place, and thing is so unique. What fun you must have when you create your masterpieces. Your word says that your invisible qualities are clearly seen through your creation. You are surely a God of vibrancy, wonder, splendor, variety ... my words can never portray who you really are. To behold your face - I look forward to that day - to fall on my knees and worship the one who allows me to enjoy all that He has. As the sunsets here and rises elsewhere, I pray that you surround those across the world with your grace and truth. May the gospel of hope be carried to India and Turkey today and everyday until your return. Quicken the spirit of the true worshippers igniting a fire in their souls that causes your word to be a blaze across the earth. Deepen my trust in you. Burn away the draws that tarnish this vessel. Forgive my selfishness. May all my affection be towards you alone. Give me more of you. Pursue my sisters in Christ. Bind their hearts to yours. Paint those vivid sunsets to remind us of your beauty. Send us flowers this spring to remind us of your gift of love. Send us songbirds to remind us the sweet sound of your name. Jesus, you are all that we need. Be my "true love". I love you. Your will be done. You are my Jesus.
********************************
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. Psalm 91:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home