0 muddy hands: alluring

Thursday, February 2

alluring




not a best seller.

not a classic.

no pretty pictures.

Remember, you should never judge a book by its cover. For that matter, you should never judge a book by the title or cover illustration. You may miss out on some really good books or waist your precious time on junk reading. I love to read, but as I've shared before, I struggle with completing tasks, and the same goes for books. I have on my nightstand five books that I am casually attempting to read through at the present time. I am progressing... I can honestly say that I have never read a book from beginning to end - quickly - dedicating all reading time to one book. No, not even in high school or college. Cliff notes, of course! ~~~ However, progress has been made and I am celebrating an accomplishment. Reading "Tortured for Christ" was challenging. Give it a try. A true story -- better than prime time "reality" television- Jewish Christian, tortured for 14 years in Romanian Communist prison. I believe it is a must read for anyone claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Some may take my recommendation - most of you never will. The same question repeats in my constant mind chatter -- what is most alluring to me? You know, what is extremely attractive and fascinating? Many things come to mind both good and bad, but none are THE ANSWER. My heart and mind are changing. Things that at one time had highly attractive quality are beginning to look dull. Extremely dull. Moreover, a life totally sold out to Christ is becoming fascinating. Recently, my thoughts have been on people that made real impact on my life and there is one commonality they share -- I truly believe that they would be willing to die for their belief. A life lived for Christ can be risky -- His word says, For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? ~~~ We torture our own selves over things that just do not matter and have no eternal significance. So then, why not live a life that could possibly entice persecution that may bring about great eternal significance? Ask yourself. If we live wide open for Christ - we should expect persecution of some sort. He said so himself! Don't take my word for it, read His and see.

A man really believes not what he recited in his creed, but only the things he is ready to die for. –Richard Wurmbrand

**************************************

Father, I am humbled by your presence in my life. I am honored that in spite of my rebellious attitude, you still love me and pursue me. You never give up on me. You reveal yourself through your wonderful, holy word when I am willing to deny my personal time and spend it with you. Thank you for opening my eyes and mind to think globally about your people. May I not forget my brothers and sisters that are suffering around the world for you. Convict us as Americans to pray without ceasing for our country. We are not far from losing freedom and becoming a persecuted country. Our freedoms as christians are being challenged- slowly and subtly. I know that your heart must be sadenned because your creation has turned from you and fallen into the enticement and false truth that sin presents. Stir in me the desire to tell others about you everywhere I go. I am on mission everyday with every face that I look into - starting in my children. Let me never forget that you call us all to "Go and Tell". To go across the street and across the world. When my feet can't go, remind me that my checkbook and my prayers go along way. Strip me of my selfish desires that consume my time, money, and wonderful resources that you give. Forgive me for flirting with sin. Forgive me for neglecting you and running when I know you are calling. Why do we substitute your fulfilling goodness with artificial junk. Help us all to see that what we keep looking for in other things -- can only be found in you. Guide my eyes, ears, hands and entire being to you - where real, real, real joy and love and life at its best are found. Talk is so cheap and I want to live the word. I want to live out what you teach. You say in your word that we are to be peculiar people. I want to be different than the world. The world is competing, comparing and trying to be different, but most just repeat the same stuff --- I want to be part of your remnant of true followers that are quite abnormal. Praise you for hard days that bring me to your arms. Praise you that I was able to finish an entire book. Thank you for showering grace on me when I'm so full of doubt sometimes. Praise you for progress. For you I will press on. Persevere. Endure Trials. Stand firm during testing. And open my life for more training. You have never failed me. May I prove you over and over as well. May I live a life that resonates you. May I live beyond myself causing others to see your radiance.

***********************************

He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. 2 Cor 5:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home