0 muddy hands: just keep going, going, going...

Thursday, January 5

just keep going, going, going...

decisions, decisions, decisions.
and then more decisions. New Year. New challenges. Now I need the determination to back up those decisions. I'm not always the most motivated person. I'm so glad my God is a God of second chances. New beginnings. Fresh Starts. Mercy. And more mercy. He is so cool. He is the only one who never gives up on us year after year. He also promises that what he starts, he will be faithful to bring to completion. That is so reassuring. Especially to one that starts lots of things, but struggles to follow through! Yes, there are many things that I have "thrown out there" that I want to change, start, begin, or resolve this year. You know some of the normal stuff - lose weight, excercise, time management, financial freedom, and organization. blah, blah, blah. Basically, the same things I've said the last couple of years or so. And yes, it is five days into the new year and I'm still lingering. I'm persistent in my mind that what really needs to change is the attitude of my heart. Once the heart changes, usually the body follows! Thank goodness I'm hanging on to my trust in His word. He hasn't given up on me -- so neither will I. Remember in Philipians that He says " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". So I've decided that my real resolution is to become more like Christ. Period. When I continue to rely on his strength and not my own, amazing things can happen. Transformation begins. Progress is made. Resolution takes place.
*************************************
Oh my Jesus, how we love you so. May we be transformed by your word. May our lives become a detailed reproduction of the image of Christ. Less of me. More of you. I pray that we are found thirsty and hungry for your daily bread. As we recognize who we are in Christ, we will begin to see old things passing away. Praise you that we are new creations. I desire to be set apart. Your word says "be holy, for I am holy". I praise you that you do not require perfection, but progress. Thank you for strenghtening me with perseverance. Thank you for this amazing journey as your pilgrim. Protect and comfort those that are persecuted daily, because they have decided that your love is better than their own life. Yes Lord, your love is better than life. You make every year special. You alone make every day new. Your mercies are new every morning. I praise you for second chances. You make all things beautiful. With you all things are possible. Your will Father, not mine. Break my will. Conform me to you. May this be my family's jubilee year, along with many other brothers and sisters in you. Hallelujah.
*************************************
... and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us... Hebrews 12:1
Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord - that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful. James 5:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home