0 muddy hands: vivid

Saturday, October 15

vivid

seek and you will find.
gaze and become mesmerized.
a trail of thoughts pipes through my mind trying to siphon into my very soul. one word causing a chain reaction of many words turning into a paragragh of thoughts and phrases. I have to admit that they are not always good, pure, noble and praiseworthy. My spirit screams at me to take captive those thoughts and cast them back to the depths of Sheoul from whence they came. I must allow my mind to be filled with the vivid truth of your brilliant love- resounding hope and smothering joy that is offered to me as an heir to Christ's kingdom. Power, love, and a sound mind has been given to those who lay their life before him. How much space am I willing to allow you to occupy in my mind? You require it all -- but for some reason I have not allowed an eviction of some space. Is there anything more beautiful than your love? -- Is there anything more captivating than your touch? -- I know the answer. I think you have made it real loud,vivid and clear.

*****************
Oh Father how I desire things of you? May I be found praising you in the most tumultous of times, as well as, the most exuberant. Teach me to take captive those thoughts that are not of you. Conform my mind. May other people be encouraged by the vivid life they see in me as a result of you transforming me into your likeness. Praise you. You are so much larger than life.
*****************

I hate half-hearted thoughts; but Your Law do I love.
You are my hiding-place and my shield; I hope in Your Word. Psalm 119:113-114

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home