0 muddy hands: triumph

Monday, October 3

triumph

knight in shining armor.
the castle of splendor.
amazing gowns glistening with brilliant jewels. As a child, I guess I imagined that all my dreams would come true. As an adult I have realized that they have, but not as I had dreamed them before. You see, my knight did come to get me, but he actually came as a king-- the King of Kings. My beautiful castle is the name of the Lord which is a strong tower. I am given full access into the throne room to sit at his feet. He invites me to feast with Him at his banquet table. He is a fortress from the enemy. And as for my amazing gowns -- he clothes me in righteousness which is more brilliant than any stone. I am the King's and He is mine!
***************
Jesus, lover of my soul, how I long to be forever in your presence. Your love captivates me and brings rest to my soul. Time alone with you is what I ask humbly for. Your words are like honey to my lips. Fill me with resounding praise and overwhelming joy. Refine me. Set me before kings or peasants and I will glorify your name. I will not be moved. You are my fortress, my ever-present help in times of need. Praise you for your sovereignty. Thank you for leading me gallantly!
***************
But thanks be to God! He always leads us triumphantly in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of knowing him. 2 Cor 2:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home