0 muddy hands: warrior

Thursday, September 29

warrior

bruised, banged, scraped...
but still smiling and shining.
Once again, God reveals himself through the lives of my children.
My little toogie knows what it means to be experienced in battle. He took quite a few blows today and ended the evening with Moe's congas on top of him. Luckily, he did not lose his left eye! For the remainder of the evening, he snuggled RUFF on the couch as he indulged in nutter butters. I thought I would capture a cute pouty face with my camera, but to my surprise all I could get was a great smile.
Isn't he a poetic picture of the life of a believer in Jesus Christ??? We are hard-pressed, perplexed, persecuted, struck down, but yet not crushed, desperate, forsaken or destroyed. I'm reminded that my tribulations, trials, and afflictions are nothing compared to the heaviness and filth that Jesus must have felt when he took all of my sins on his body. For he who knew no sin became sin-- just for me-- just for you-- just for anyone that will call upon his name and be saved! For that very reason I can keep smiling. Just like my little Toogie!
******************
How wonderful to know that you love me so much. Teach me to cling to you in the midst of battles. Guide me in your truth. Carry me when I'm wounded. Pick me up when I fall down. Yes Lord, I will forever praise your name and sing of your greatness.
******************
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. Psalm37:23-24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home