0 muddy hands: summershine

Sunday, July 16

summershine







sizzle & sparkle. hot & dry. summer is here -- give it a try!
summertime fun – bike rides, beach trips, all day swimming, movies & more movies, visits to grandma’s, picnics, sleepovers and much, much more. Enjoying your summer? We sure are.
However, not everyone is having such fun under the sun. Some have the summertime blues… hard to imagine that one could not absolutely love and enjoy every moment of such a great season, but life is not always cupcakes and ice cream, beach balls and sandcastles? What’s the answer for brighter days?

This is how our family has made it through the heat of the summer:
1. Slather on an extra coating of “sonscreen”- the more, the better
(Don't forgot to put on your protection!)
---And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
---Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesinas 6:11

2. Hydrate with an extra gallon of thirst quenching water
---He who believes on Me, as the Scripture has said, "Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38
---"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. "John 4:14

3. take more opportunities to find true rest
---He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. Psalm 23:2
---Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

4. get outside and enjoy the sonshine
---So if the Son sets you free, you are free through and through. John 8:36
---For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen... Romans 1:20
---Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father... Matt 13:43
---For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11

***********************************************************
Father, I praise you. I praise you for being the creator. Father. Lover. Teacher. Friend. You are everything I need. Teach me your ways. May I be transformed by your endless mercy and overwhelming, undeserved love. You blow my mind! You make my life to shine. May I radiate your truth to all who I meet and know. Forgive me for neglecting to protect my heart and mind. Renew me through Your word. Oh how it gives such joy to my spirit. Fill your children to overflowing with rushing waters from the wellspring of Your kingdom. Draw beleivers to your presence where they can find true rest. May we not be settled until we sit at the feet of the giver of life. May we find contentment and peace in knowing that You alone are in control and that You alone can be more than enough! God, I desire to delight in You more than anything else this world has to offer. Thank You for pursuing me. Thank You for shining down on me. Thank You for good, bright days. May your children go forth into the nations spreading Your hope like the sun's rays reach down and warm my face. I love you. You are so big. How could I ever limit you? You are limitless. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home