0 muddy hands: home sweet home

Monday, December 4

home sweet home

1958 cozy cottage.
a common phrase heard when someone enters our house might be, " it reminds me of my grandmother's house." No, it does not have the odor of mouth balls! My home is not new, designer decorated or even clean most of the time. But what we have is so much more. Our home is like a gingerbread house -- loaded with lots of sweet treats. Our home is loaded with hugs, kisses, laughter and joy. Our home is full of the sweet spirit of Jesus Christ. If the walls could talk -- they would tell numerous stories of friends and families that have passed through the door and touched our lives. When 'Moe' and I purchased our house he gave me a card that reads:
Today (7-29-96)...
We have purchased only a shelter.
Its sole purpose is to contain our home. We are the decorators. Our love will give beauty to every wall, room and doorway. The view from the street only assumes that happiness burns from the lamp in the window. We must maintain the brilliance even through the most difficult of times. I dedicate my life to making ours a happy home. Always knowing that God is first in our lives, I will give my heart and soul to assure your happiness as long as I shall live. You are the Queen of our castle and I will love you forever!
***************************************
Father, I am grateful to have such a wonderful home. I praise You that You have been the landlord for us and have kept up the maintenance that we so often need. You have blessed us over the years even in the most difficult times. I thank You for all the people that have laughed, cried, encouraged and prayed with us in our home. Thank you for each child that has ran through my house and yard with great smiles on their faces. Bless each person that has been welcomed into our home. Touch their lives eternally and give them the desires of their heart. We know that we are only passing through and look forward to the "gingerbread houses in the sky". We honor You above all things. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home